The level of good bacteria can change to due to
- Illness or surgery
- Use of anti biotics
- Compromised immune system
- Sudden change of diet
Who needs it?
- Cats and dogs recovering from illness or surgery
- Cats and dogs on medication
- Aging cats and dogs
- Cats and dogs under stress
- FIV and/or Felv cats
- Cats and dogs with renal issues
- Healthy cats do not need this supplement. they can enjoy the benefits of probiotics through Gold-D cat dry food that contains pre and pro bioptics.
Probiotics and renal issues
- Recent research suggests that when cats and dogs with renal disease are given probiotics, their blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and creatinine concentrations dropped.
- It is believed that probiotics can clear the toxic via the digestive track and so reducing the workload of the kidneys.
- More reseach is needed but since probiotics is not toxic and does not have any long term side effects, the benefit outweights any possible risks.
- This product is a health supplement and shouPETAld not replace prescribed treatment or medication from vet.
- Like the rest of Gold-D product range, the Gold-D probiotics is PETA certified cruelty free.